What Personal Information does ATS collect?
The Personal Information ATS collects and stores about You may include:
- Your name;
- contact details (including mobile phone, telephone and email);
- previous or current products used in Your business; or
- financial details about Your business;
- Your credit facilities;
- Your financial record with third parties; or
- Your monthly or annual account details,
and such other information which is relevant and necessary to provide products and deliver the ATS services to You or to comply with the law (Personal Information).
“Sensitive information” is a subcategory of Personal Information which may include information or an opinion about You or another individual. The sensitive information ATS collects about You may include:
- the above information relating to Your employees or contractors;
- work history of Your employees or contractors; and
- occupational history information,
and such other information which is relevant and necessary to provide products and deliver the ATS services to You or to comply with the law.
Why ATS collect Personal Information and Sensitive Information
ATS will inform You of the main reasons for collecting Your Personal Information and Sensitive Information (individually and collectively Personal Information) at the time ATS requests it. The purposes for which ATS will generally collect and use Your Personal Information include considering any application You make to us, providing products and delivering services to You, performing administrative functions, enhancing our products, services and the delivery of the services and telling You about our other products and services which may include those of our business partners and third party providers, which ATS believe may interest You. You may tell us at any time that You do not want us to advise You about other products and services (see Marketing below for more details).
- only collect Personal Information from You with Your prior knowledge and consent. You can access the ATS Websites and browse the site without disclosing Personal Information;
- only use Personal Information provided by You for the purposes for which it was collected and ATS will not disclose Your Personal Information to a third party without Your consent;
- ensure that Your Personal Information will not be disclosed unless the law requires it or to prevent or investigate suspected unlawful activity;
- implement security technology and policies, rules and measures to protect the Personal Information under ATS’s control against unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss; and
- remove Personal Information from our systems where it is no longer required (except where archiving is required).
Collection of Information
Some information provided to ATS by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or Personal Information. Without these details ATS would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to You. ATS will only collect such Personal Information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
Personal Information is collected by ATS when You:
- establish or access an account for credit with ATS;
- order and purchase ATS Products from us;
- conduct certain types of transactions such as purchases or refunds;
- submit Your e-mail address to our ATS Websites mailing list;
- place an order with us or on our ATS Websites to purchase goods,
- agree to be provided with the ATS support and maintenance services;
- request ATS to customise Your ATS products or services;
- request ATS to input Your data about Your employees or contractors Personal Information on Your behalf;
- request ATS to integrate Your ATS products and services with a Third Party Product;
- use the ATS products that collect and collate biometric data;
- request ATS to provide storage of data facilities on Your behalf;
- email us with Your Personal Information for the purposes of ATS’s use and storage of that Personal Information; and
- request support and direct access by ATS to Your computer system to either provide support or maintenance of the ATS products or some other customisation or integration services.
Use of Information Collected and Disclosure of Personal Information to Others
ATS may use or disclose Personal Information held about You for the primary purpose for which it is collected and on provision of Your Personal Information to ATS, You consent to ATS:
- collecting, storing and processing the Personal Information that You provide to ATS;
- creating a database record about You;
- conducting back up and storage security processes;
- using Your Personal Information for any purpose relating to the improvement and development of the ATS products or services;
- notifying You about changes to our services or product lines and specifications;
- contacting You with information that ATS considers may be of interest to You (unless You have asked us not to);
- utilising Your Personal Information for training purposes;
- verifying Personal Information submitted by You;
- utilising Personal Information submitted by You for internal statistical purposes;
- using Your Personal Information for internal technical maintenance; and
- collecting Your Personal Information for our own internal commercial purposes.
There is no requirement for You to divulge Personal Information when You access the ATS Websites. However, in order to maintain a level of communication and adhere to the Terms and Conditions of Use of the ATS Websites, Your Personal Information will be required should You wish to take advantage of our ATS Websites features, online purchase of Products or using our services.
ATS is permitted to use or disclose Personal Information held about You where:
- You have consented to the use or disclosure;
- ATS reasonably believes that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or public health or safety;
- ATS reasonably suspects that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of ATS’s investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- ATS reasonably believes that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Links on ATS Websites
If You decide to purchase additional products provided by any third party on the ATS Websites (Third Party Products), You will be provided with a link to the other third party provider (Third Party Provider) websites to continue with Your purchase options of the Third Party Products. In purchasing the Third Party Products on the Third Party Provider websites, the Third Party Provider may collect Personal Information about You.
Even if You request that ATS provide some integration services of Third Party Products with the ATS product or services that You have purchased from ATS, ATS has no responsibility for Your use of that Third Party Product or the manner, security and processes adopted by the Third Party Provider in relation to Your Personal Information.
Security and Storage
ATS places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. ATS have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorised access and alteration of Personal Information under ATS’s control. Personal Information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by ATS. ATS retains the information You provide to us including Your contact and credit card details (if any) to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal, accounting and reporting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities. Personal Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions. To view our Data Protection Policy and Information Sheet, click here.
However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while ATS strives to protect and use all reasonable endeavours to protect Your Personal Information with our security measures that are in place, ATS accepts no responsibility for any unanticipated unauthorised access that occurs.
ATS does not warrant the security of any information transmitted to it, provided by You to ATS or from Your online access to its products or services and You do so at Your own risk. Once ATS receives Your Personal Information, it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems. Ultimately, You are solely responsible for keeping Your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever You are online accessing the ATS Websites.
Marketing and Direct Marketing Opt-Out
If You do not want to receive any marketing offers, You can choose to opt out of ATS’s marketing activities. To opt out, you can either:
- use the unsubscribe function from our emails, SMS, MMS or IM; or
- contact us using the ATS contact details below.
Cookies and Security
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
ATS is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about its customers, clients and ATS Website users. If Your Personal Information changes, You must email ATS with the updated details of Your Personal Information to ensure accuracy at all times. You may also request us to provide to You, the current data that ATS is holding about Your Personal Information but if ATS refuse to provide You with access or details of Your Personal Information, ATS will provide reasons for such refusal.
If You become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems with the use of the ATS Website, ATS will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns.
You may also lodge Your complaint by mail to Aussie Time Clocks Pty Ltd trading as “Aussie Time Sheets”, Shop 3, 652 David Low Way, Pacific Paradise, Queensland 4564 or should You wish to contact us by telephone, do so on (07) 1300 309 339 or by Facsimile No (07) 3054 6639.
If You are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure then You may request that an independent person investigate Your complaint. You may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney, New South Wales 2001 on telephone number 1300 363 992 or by email on email@example.com.
Updated as at 21 May 2019.